Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dancing in Paris...



This is my first canvas piece. I made it for my niece for a Christmas gift this year, as she loves anything Paris. I started with canvas I purchased at Hobby Lobby, and used various Walnut stains that I sprayed onto the canvas. I immediately used my Heat-It tool to dry, then I layered Liquitex acrylic paint in "Portrait Rose" over that. I then used a hand-carved stamp that I received from bluemonkeymama of the Eiffle Tower and stamped it with StazOn in black.

Then I added the image of the dancer, lightly sprayed with Glimmer Mist in "Pearl" with tacky glue and lightly heated to make the edges slightly curl. I sealed the entire surface with Distress crackle paint in "Rock Candy" and heated it to dry. After that I lightly sprayed the smaller squares with Perfect Pearl Mist in "Forever Violet" and attached them with tacky glue as well. I then added a brad and some ribbon for the final embellishments.

I really hope she likes this and that "Dancing in Paris" will make the holidays a bit brighter. Have a lovely season everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment