Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Faerie Post" is here!


Hello everyone! I am back after a long bout of not feeling my best. We are expecting in June and this first trimester really took everything I had including creative energy. But I am starting to feel better and so here start the crafts once again.

This is an ATC to a friend of mine in my swap-bot group Keepers of Avalon. She won the "Winner-take-all" (WTA) this October and here is what I made for her. It is backed on illustration board. The background is Distress Ink in "Dusty Concord" then sprayed with Glimmer Mist in "Pearl." Since Distress Ink is a water soluble ink, the mist reacted with it to make a weathered water stained look. I then just used various pieces from my stash after that like tissue tape, ribbon, twine, charms, etc. Then I sealed it all with Distress crackle paint in "Rock Candy," and used my Heat-It tool to dry.

Thank you for stopping by and reading this post, hope to be back soon with other little treasures and crafty bits! Until then, happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. That is so gorgeous Sherie!!!! Did you get my letter? Hope you're feeling better now dear.

    MJ (whowillloveme -swapbot)

    lindasprayer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Thank you so much for the compliment! I did get your letter awhile back and I have meant to write back to you. Since I found out I was pregnant, crafts or anything extra have not been possible, I am just now starting to make things again and feel better. It was a really rough first trimester, so I do apologise. I will add your reply to my list of things to complete asap!

    Hope you are well too! I miss talking with you!
    Hugs,

    Sher

    ReplyDelete