Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pretty Lil' Pockets




Hi guys! So, I joined a swap for our group Shabby Chateau on Swap-bot to make these Lil' Pockets of Whimsey! How fun! These have so many wonderful uses and you can make them however you wish, this is just one example.

I started by flattening a 3.5 inch section of a paper towel roll. I lined the inside with felt and stapled one end together. I then used a beautiful brown Lokta paper for the outside. I then adhered a gorgeous vintage style parfume sticker I purchased from Regina's Studio on Etsy, a paradise for altered artists with many quality vintage items to be found! For the back I used a part of a lovely paper napkin she had sent along as a little extra with my purchase. After that I embellished with mini pearls, stained vintage book pages around the top and Rock Candy Stickles, Glimmer Mist and a tiny butterfly sticker. For the handle I used some amazing cabbage roses ribbon in Haunted Woods from another store on Etsy, MemrieMare a yummy little shop with some of the best ribbon! I then filled it with some ceramic buttons, a faerie charm and some of the ribbon for my partner!

So easy, so pretty, so many options! So get creative, these are great to give as gifts or hang on trees as ornament with a little surprises inside! Until next time, happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! i can't believe it's a paper towel roll. Thanks for sharing - might have to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely try it, I was pleasantly surprised with this project! I want to try more. It's so easy, it recycles and it's in expensive! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so awesome!!Looks so neat! And you make it sound easy! I dunno...would love to make one if I knew it would turn as nice as your did!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
    Of course, I joined the swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you did! If I get for a partner I will be thrilled! Thanks for following too! :-)

    ReplyDelete