Friday, February 18, 2011

Steampunk Container





I was in private swap with a lovely swapper, LadyStephanie and as I looked over her profile I notice she had been flaked on for some swaps and offered to angel one for a Steampunk Container. Here then is my offering for this swap to her.

It began as a humble, unassuming and unfinished wooden box from Hobby Lobby. But after some layers of quality acrylic paint in a dark umber, a lot of sanding it down to a smooth finish with worn edges. I began to decorate it at last.

I used acrylic paint to stamp the floral pattern on either side. I then found a clockwork print paper that I went over with Distress Inks and then glazed with Rock Candy Distress Paint. After that, I went over it once more with Distress Ink to reveal the cracks for an even more aged look. Then I just added the embellishments. The rest of the box is decorated with a stipple brush and acrylic paint and with a stamp that I inked with Staz-on over the paint.

I really hope this will brighten her day as I had so much fun making it. Until the next blog, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment