Thursday, February 17, 2011

Watercolour Ribbon






I am making hand stamped, hand dyed ribbon for another wonderful Shabby Chateau swap! This is my first try at it and there will be more examples to follow shortly.

For this first try at making ribbon I purchased some inexpensive muslin and tore it into 1 yard strips. I then stamped it with various stamps using Staz-On ink pads, you can use any colour you like. Then using inks I dyed the ribbon in a Zip-loc baggie rising it in cold water after and drying it out to get an aged look.

I then used Distress Inks to make the tag along with my own mix of Perfect Pearls mist to give some sparkle to the tag, stamped it and then added some cabbage ribbon to complete the tag. I wrapped the ribbon around the tag securing it with a lovely pearl tipped hat pin. Hope this inspires you to make some of your own ribbon. Have fun and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment