Sunday, July 11, 2010

Send Something! Swap





I LOVED this swap! I usually make ATC's but for this swap we had to send something book or mail related and it was receiver's choice. So I decided to make my partners postcards in their choice of theme.

The first one actually fit two themes for my partner. She loves anything French and she loves vintage post. This was my offering to her. You cannot tell in the picture so much but the trio of small postcards I made from 3 different pieces, glued them onto a thin backing of cardboard, cut them out, sprayed them with a glimmer spray to give them a more vintage look and used mounting squares to give it a 3D feel same with the small butterfly on her hat. The rest is stamp work, embellishments and pastel markers to highlight and a little spritz of Pearl Glimmer Mist.

The second one I made everything for except the image of the books. The background paper I tea-stained, crumpled and then used my Distress Inks in Soot and Vintage Photo. I sprayed with water and let dry, then I sprayed the piece I used with Glimmer Mist in Olive Vine. After that I glued the image to a piece of card stock and then embossed the words over the border and image. The embellishments are skeleton leaves in various colours and black raffia.

The third Postcard was sent as an RAK to other other person in this swap who loves Jane Austen, so I did a collage of various items like a letter written by Jane, an image of Pemberley. The background I did stamp and used a few more images and embellishments to complete it.

I enjoyed making these so much and hope I can get a chance to stretch my creativity farther with another swap like it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment