Sunday, September 19, 2010

About Anne...



Anne Boleyn, my favorite wife to Henry VIII and mother of Elizabeth. I am in a group on swap-bot it's The Tudor Exchange and we are currently having a wonderful ATC series of The Six Wives of Henry VIII, these therefore, are the ATC's I made of Anne, second wife to King Henry.

I worked almost the entire morning yesterday on these two ATC's and I loved the way they turned out. The first one I loved the image so much I knew I wanted it to pop and be rich and vibrant with colour. I stamped the paper I chose for the background and used vintage book pages I tore and then stained with Walnut Ink. I then used a stamped the make the border on the right hand side and the letter "A" as an embellishment made from grunge board stained with a Distress ink pad and sprayed with Glimmer Mist in gold. I then highlighted Anne's attire with a silver gel pen.

The second ATC was very different for me and I wanted to make another "interactive" ATC, as I am trying new things along that line. If you notice the "wings" are cut out and made from the high ruff collar that Anne was wearing in this portrait, the tiara on her head I made from the trim on the bodice of her gown. The wings move and fold in to meet ATC size.

I do hope you enjoy these ATC's, may they inspire you as well. Happy crafting everyone, good-night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment