Monday, September 13, 2010

Not Too Shabby!





I am in a scavenger hunt swap and some of the items can be handmade. I decided to make two of the five items and here they are, a set of two ATC's and a set of 4 tags in a French theme.

The two ATC's I made using stamps, brads, a gel pen, markers and Glimmer Mists. The tags I made by staining plain white tags with Walnut Inks, wiping the surface of them with a paper towel to smear the ink around for a more aged look and them decorating them as seen with stamps, stickers, images and old book pages. Then I tied a piece of cream colored string to each of them to complete the tags. I also went around the edges of the tags lightly with a colored sharpie to give them a more finished look.

I hope my partner enjoys them and will use them proudly. As for the rest of the swap I sent a pretty handkerchief, a set of two small doilies, two vintage French postcards, and a set of decorated papers and a Victorian style greeting card.

This swap is for the Shabby Chateau group and I must say this one is not too Shabby at all! Happy swapping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment