Monday, August 9, 2010

Vintage Kids ATC's...



My ATC's for this swap are finished and here they are, two different styles but still so adorable. I really liked this theme...

The first one, I use vintage sheet music as background and then took a vintage page from a French book and stained it with Walnut Ink in Eucalyptus, and added that to the background layering it over the music sheet. After that it was just a matter of arranging the other elements and adding a perfect little pressed flower to brighten it up.

The second one even though it looks simpler than the first, wasn't. First, I made the paper by using the various Walnut Inks to stain even further a tea stained sheet of paper, then I crumpled it up and used Ranger's Distressed Ink pads in Vintage Photo and Bundled Sage rubbed over the creases, let dry then used the Distress Crackle paint in Antique Linen and just randomly coated the center of the paper lightly and used my heating tool to help dry it out and crackle it. Then I crumple up the paper again and used Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold. There were a lot of other layers once the ATC was in place like more stains and Glimmer Mists being used not to mention Tim Holtz's Distressed Stickles glitter glue in Frayed Burlap, markers and more sheet music. The washed out look I wanted was achieved though and I was happy with it for the most part, I may do a couple of things differently next time. I will let you know if I do! Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment